Due to the fact that Dobre Miasto was located on the usual trail of Nicolaus Copernicus, he traveled and visited Dobre Miasto many times. His visit confirmed in the documents took place in August 1538. At that time, the astronomer participated in the diocese visits with the newly elected Warmian bishop Jan Dantiscus.
In the town existing since 1329, the remains of medieval fortifications areare represented by fragments of walls and the Stork Tower. A historical exhibition was organized in the tower, and a nearby heritage park was created in several tenement houses, in which craft workshops from the beginning of the 20th century were recreated. The second largest temple of Warmia - the Gothic Collegiate Church of the Holy Saviour and All Saints (including collegiate buildings) is a dominating monument in the town. Other monuments of the town are: a late Baroque chapel (currently the Greek Catholic church of St. Nicholas) and an evangelical church from the 19th century (currently a library).
4 km away from Dobre Miasto, in Głotowo there is a sanctuary with a baroque church and a calvary modeled on Jerusalem. In turn, in Smolajny (5 km) the baroque palace of the Warmian bishops has been preserved. The town lies on the Łyna River, which is the region's longest kayak route. Kayaking tourism is made more pleasant due to the jetties in Cerkiewnik (Kłódka), Dobre Miasto, Smolajny and Łaniewo.