The Copernicus Trail in Warmia and Mazury

Truszczyny

The village is located in the surroundings of the Welski Landscape Park, 14 km from Lubawa and less than 30 km from Nowe Miasto Lubawskie. It was founded by the Bishop of Chełmno in 1336. However, the oldest preserved buildings date back to around a century (including a former school).

An astronomical observatory has been operating in Truszczyn since 2012 [https://pl-pl.facebook.com/ObserwatoriumTruszczyny/], and is supervised by the Nicolaus Copernicus Foundation. It deals with the popularization of natural, mathematical and astronomical sciences, as well as introducing the figure and achievements of Nicolaus Copernicus.

The facility in Truszczyn conducts research of objects and events in space as well as educational and popularizing activities. In a separate building you can see an exhibition devoted toNicolaus Copernicus, a collection of meteorites and a portable miniature of the Solar System (on a scale of 1: 10,000,000,000). The conference room hosts lectures and film presentations on subjects related to space research and the history of science.